Analysis of children's safety in traffic in Belgrade at all locations where children were involved
Serbia and especially City of Belgrade, have relatively favourable trend in the improvement of children's safety in traffic. In order to continue such positive trend and significantly improve children's safety in traffic in Belgrade, it is necessary to continue monitoring of safety situation. In that way, crucial problems of children's safety in traffic could be noticed, as well as measures to be taken to improve the children's safety in traffic. After conducted two studies so far, regarding macro research in Belgrade, for period from 1994 to 2006, it is necessary to continue mentioned monitoring of situation. This would allow better management of the traffic safety system, as it would enable timely directing, allocation of resources and actions towards improving the children's safety.
The overall objective of this services was analysis of children's safety in traffic in order to define appropriate measures to reduce their vulnerability.
The subject of the analysis are traffic accidents with participation of children under the age of 14 years, which occurred in the period 2007-2013.
- 198 elementary schools considered in elaboration
- Period 1997-2014
LAST UPDATE: 05.09.2018
Improvement of traffic safety for children
City of Belgrade
Secretariat for Transportation
City of Belgrade
- Analysis of international and national scientific and professional literature, and experience
- General statistical analysis of traffic accidents in which children were involved
- Investigation of traffic accidents with participation of children
- Analysis of temporal and spatial distribution of traffic accidents with injured children
- Identification of places, zones or sections with increased risk of children participation in accidents
- Defining a typical situation in which children are usually perished in traffic with a proposal of standard measures
- Analysis of the children's safety in traffic in zones around elementary schools
- Systematization of the most important measures of improving children's safety in traffic, with a proposal for further research
- Investigation of further risk sources for 5 places, zones or sections with increased risk of children participation in accidents, and preparation of specific conceptual proposals of traffic solutions for their rehabilitation
Head of Department
Tel + 381 11 3835 040
CESTRA d.o.o. Makenzijeva 57, 11000 Beograd, Srbija; e-mail: email@example.com; tel: +381 11 3835 040
2015 © CeS.TRA d.o.o. All rights reserved | Web design:firstname.lastname@example.org